Biodiesel is extracted from animal fats,plant oil, and widely used for trucks, tractors, ships, etc. It refers to use oil crops, such as soybean, rapeseed, cotton, palm, wild oil plant and engineering micro algae and other aquatic plant oils and animal fats, food waste oil as raw oil material, through ester exchange process , producing a kind of reactivity diesel fuel which could instead of petroleum diesel.
Biodiesel is one kind of biomass energy, and it is a kind of long chain fatty acid monoalkyl esters getting from the biomass utilization technology such as ester exchange. Biodiesel is a mixture of high oxygen content of complex organic compounds, and these compounds are mainly large molecular weight , and including to almost all types of oxygen-containing organic compounds, such as, ether, aldehyde, ketone, phenol, organic acids, alcohols, etc.
Compound biodiesel is extracted from raw material such as abandoned animal fats and pliant oil, used oil and a by-product of oil refinery, added catalyst, synthesized by special equipment and special technology.
1. Advantages of Biodiesel
It not belongs to dangerous cargo, so it’s easy to transport.
There is less sulfur and aromatic alkyl in biodiesel, so it’s less harmful to human and environment.
As a kind of renewable energy sources, the biodiesel will not finised.
The supply of biodiesel is not controlled by OPEC, it’s benefit to the stability of international petroleum market.
2. Processes of Biodiesel Making Workshop
(1) Physical degumming: first of all, using oil hydration or phosphoric acid-etching method, remove the phospholipids and colloid and other substances, and then preheating, dehydration the oil.
(2) Methanol esterification: adding excess methanol into the raw oil material, with the acid catalyst, conduct pre-esterification, changing free acid into methyl ester.
(3) Continuous ester exchange: the pre-esterification oil together with methyl alcohol, adding little NaOH as catalyst, under a certain temperature and atmospheric pressure, conduct ester exchange, then get methyl ester.
Using two-step reaction, through a specially designed separator continuously eliminate the glycerin engendered in the reaction, make the ester exchange continuously.
(4) Gravity precipitation, water washing and stratification.
(5) Glycerol separated from crude methyl ester.
(6) Biodiesel refined.
The whole process is closed-circuit circulation, all raw material comprehensive utilization, cleaner production. Roughly described as follows:
Raw material pretreatment (dehydration, deodorization, purification )—–the reaction kettle (methyl ester+ alcohol catalyst + 70°C) —–stirring reaction N hours—-precipitation separation line of mixed alcohol—-methyl distillation—-recovery of alcohol—-methyl ester distillation—-finished product.